Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm on another blog!

My high school college advisor and personal hero recently completed an Ironman (!!!) and I wrote her a congratulatory email because, well, clearly congratulations were in order. It was the first time I'd been in touch with her for a couple of years, so we emailed back and forth a bit, which was lovely. Then my dad emailed me today to tell me that she quoted one of my emails on her blog! How cool is that? Check it out here.


Phew, that's all for today. I'm back from what turned into a five-hour volunteer shift at the Street Food Festival. I was taking orders at the Estrellita's Snacks booth, which was serving pupusastamales, and agua fresca. It was INSANE. I took well over 400 orders and was the only person at the booth with a solid command of the English language (thank goodness I speak Spanish!), which meant I never stopped talking for more than about two seconds at a time. Believe it or not, it was also fun, albeit the kind of fun that makes you want to lie down and watch trashy TV for the rest of your life. I can't imagine how Maria and her helpers are going to make it to 7:00. They are way tougher than I will ever be. But I knew that already.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A Lizzie-Elizabeth lovefest:) I'm so glad that your dad pointed you to my blog. Your email made my day...and was so wonderful...and so you. It warmed my heart and made me do a reframe of my own life and attitude. THANK YOU! Look forward to reading more of your blog...I've ALWAYS loved reading your writing and hearing your thoughts. I supposed I always will. And, yes, someone should hire you!! If you need a personal reference, give me a shout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Ms. G. Your blog is fantastic, too. I hope the new school year is off to a good start, and let's get together next time I'm in Austin, whenever that may be!

    ReplyDelete